Saturday, January 24, 2015

Challenges

Its almost a full month in to the new year. As every year goes, resolutions are always made in hopes to better our lives.But it is funny, when I ask people what there resolutions are a lot of times they tell me they don't make any.If they don't make any then they cant break any .At least that's what they tell me.I actually find that kind of sad actually. To me resolution's are goals, they are challenges we set for ourselves to make our lives better than before.I can not imagine a person without goals.Sure, I am happy with my life, but there is always room for improvement.Life is always moving so we  ourselves have got to keep moving as well. Anyway, this thought came to me this morning as I was trying to sleep. Why do all the thoughts and lessens of life hit us when we are trying to sleep? Maybe it is because we are still and quiet enough to hear life's messages around us. Maybe God was talking o me today.Regardless, its a marvelous thought to think about. But  there is one thing about the goals we set for ourselves that we need to keep in mind. All the choices we make for selves may not always go well with others. In my experience I have discovered that people that are close in your circle can sometimes frown and judge you upon your choices.People have a tendency to look down upon you if you make choices that don't agree with their way of thinking. It is expected.I know that simply because I live in a small town filled with gossipers. All I can say with that is Don't listen to the negative talk around you. Don't listen to those who think they have a hand in how you live your life.For a long time it use to bother me what people thought.I thought there was something wrong with me because I thought things differently. Duh, I am my own person.. No more.This year for me is a new challenge. Its a challenge to not worry so much about what others may think and focus a bit more on making me happy. Just to be clear, just because you are a parent, you do have a right to be happy too. Do not let anyone tell you that you can't do things for yourself to be happy or that your being selfish for putting yourself first from time to time. It is OK to live like a human being.If there is a positive lesson in that it is that kids will learn that other people matter too. But remember too that no matter what challenges we go through or that we set for selves, it is a challenge and will most likely take several attempts to reach those goals.Do not give up, be strong and remember the beautiful spirit that we were meant to be........basically if I tell myself this more often than I know I will be OK. Anyway....May God Bless your day.......

No comments: