Monday, September 2, 2013

Home is where you make it

Happy Labor day to all. Its a gorgeous day to do all the things that make you smile. I know the  title  "labor" day should imply that we all should be working, but in fact it is a day most people take off to enjoy those things that fill their spirits brightly. But the one thing we must remember on a day like this is that we do have men and women still fighting for this country and we must never forget all the sacrifices they have made for us. So to them, I give them my undying gratitude and love to all.....

With that said, I know being out of work would stress out so many people and cause great anxiety over not  being able to meet ends meet. I haven't been able to make  ends meet for quite sometime and yet I am still here. I think my faith has gotten me through some pretty tough times and it has also gotten me the things that I need. I no longer worry about tomorrow as I know it will take care of itself. I live for today and that is all that matters. So today I am focusing on the things that make me smile and fill my heart. I chose this beautiful Thomas Kincaid picture to post because it is something that touches my soul deeply. I love this artist work for many reasons, but mainly because I love how I feel when I look at a simple picture like this. I know I am a dreamer, a sensitive soul that gets carried away in the ideas of possible love, and dreams. I don't know, I have always been like this as far as I can remember. I am sure many people would tell me to get my head out of the clouds but frankly I don't want to. Hell, I am sure some would think I need meds to clear my thinking some. LOL. The world needs more dreamers, more sensitive beings. There is way too much hatred, anger, judgment, insensitivity  in this world as it is. What we need are people that can see the  beauty of possibilities, and have hope that the ultimate dreams are possible and to be a strong soul to help those  reach their desires with encouragement.

These pictures take me to a place I would love to be. There is something magical in the idea of  living in a small cottage some place  in the  middle of a small town....a place where families can grow, lovers can connect,  hearts can become stronger. I don't need a fancy house with lots of stuff.....but a small cottage with just simple touches seems so  eloquent, so beautiful. The light from the window makes me feel warmth and love from within. How sweet is it to be with the people you love and be all together in a  home that is made with love. Don't get me wrong, I love my little apartment that I have made my own and love when my kids are here with me....but its not the same when we all cant be together at the same time, sharing our stories, our day, our love....Home is where you make it, but I will admit I do long for that little cottage that is made for quaint days and tender nights. Oh to dream...I may sound goofy and corny over such silly thoughts....but these thoughts are  better than the negative ones that are often carried around by people. I am pure woman and yes, a sucker for beautiful romance and heart felt stories...... Dam, is it that time of the month again? Getting all sentimental again..... Oh well, Don't know any other way.....XOXOXO

~God Speed~

No comments: